Please be advised that the 2017-2018 NYTS Scholarship application deadline for continuing Masters students has passed as of June 2, 2017. For the purposes of financial aid, a continuing student is defined as a Masters level Seminarian who has attended at least one previous term at NYTS.
As a reminder, here are the eligibility requirements for the NYTS Scholarship:
- A complete and legible NYTS Scholarship application.
- A 2017-2018 FAFSA OR attached evidence of income/financial support for the previous year.
- Successful recipients must clearly demonstrate need in their application and FAFSA/financial documentation.
- Unless in the case of a first year student, successful recipients must have achieved a 3.00 semester and cumulative grade point average (GPA). All successful recipients must establish and maintain a 3.00 semester and cumulative GPA once the scholarship is awarded.
- Students will only be eligible to receive the NYTS Scholarship for a combined total of four (4) academic years regardless of the number of master degrees pursued.
- Successful scholarship recipients are required to enroll and complete 16 credits in the awarded year (July 1-June 30). First year scholarship recipients beginning in the Spring term must complete 8 credits by June 30. Applicable courses must be taken at NYTS only; transfer credits, consortium agreements, etc. do not qualify.
- Awarded students must not have a past due tuition balance.
If you were unable to meet this deadline your next opportunity to apply for the NYTS Scholarship program will be March 1, 2018 (for the 2018-2019 year). The Financial Aid Office will return all continuing student applications received or postmarked after June 2, 2017, without exception.
New Masters students may still submit scholarship applications until August 4, 2017. New Masters students who intend to begin in the Spring 2018 term may submit scholarship applications until December 18, 2017.