Dear NYTS Students,
- Coronavirus Protocol at NYTS - The world health community continues to monitor closely the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the disease it causes, named "coronavirus disease 2019" (COVID-19). At this time, no one knows how severe this outbreak will be. Given this uncertainty and the fact that the seasonal influenza (flu) virus is also widespread, we are taking proactive steps to maintain a safe workplace and encourage and/or adopt practices protecting the health of students, faculty, staff, and guests. We ask the NYTS community to cooperate in taking steps to reduce the transmission of communicable diseases in the workplace. Faculty, staff, and students are reminded of the following:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm, soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your mouth with tissues whenever you sneeze, and discard used tissues in the trash.
- Avoid people who are sick with respiratory symptoms.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces.
It is critical that staff do not report to work while they are experiencing respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills or fatigue. Currently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that employees remain at home until at least 24 hours after they are free of fever (100 degrees F or 37.8 degrees C) or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications. For additional information, please reach out to me.
Human Resources & Office Manager
New York Theological Seminary
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 500
New York, NY 10115